D-SNAP provides food assistance for individuals and families affected by a recent disaster, who are not receiving food assistance benefits in the regular Food Assistance Program.
To qualify for D-SNAP benefits, the household must:
- live in a designated disaster county;
- have food loss, damage to home or self-employment property, a delay, reduction, or loss of income due to the disaster, or have disaster-related expenses;
- have available assets and income less than the limits required for this program;
- complete a D-SNAP application during the designated period, and
- provide proof of identity.
You will need the following information for all individuals for whom you are applying:
- date of birth;
- social security numbers (if you have one);
- income information, (such as take-home pay [wages or self-employment], child support, Unemployment Compensation, Social Security, pension or retirement, disability, or any other money), balances in checking and savings accounts, and
- disaster-related expenses.
To apply for benefits, you can:
- Pre-register for the D-SNAP program by completing these on-line pre-registration pages and electronically submitting the registration. To use this D-SNAP pre-registration web site you will need some form of identification.
- You may also visit a D-SNAP site in your area where you will complete an application, provide proof of identity, and be interviewed to determine your eligibility for benefits.
* Indicates field is mandatory.
What do you want to do?
When completed, click on the CONTINUE button below.
Wed May 31 07:12:44 EDT 2023
Please click on one of the following buttons: